Everyone keeps asking me if I will miss my gardens. "You've put so much work into them, it must be hard to leave." Honestly, I can't wait to get out into the country and be able to breathe. Having grown up on 90 acres in practically the middle of nowhere, I feel claustrophobic with houses on every side. I always knew this place was temporary and even though I put a lot of work into the gardens, I knew at some point I would be walking away from them.
It looks like that time might be very soon. Our offer on the 13 acres was accepted yesterday. I signed the paperwork today and got my preapproval letter for the loan. Of course nothing is set in stone at this point, our offer was contingent on our house selling. We have to see if that will happen. But there has been a lot of interest. Yesterday was the first day we had showings and 3 couples came. Today two couples came--but one of them came back three times. How's that for interest! Tomorrow there are more people coming to see the house.
I won't miss my gardens because I will have plenty of opportunities for planting lots more. And the way the house and land is situated at the new place, it will lend itself beautifully to landscaping. I am hoping I will be able to take starts of some of my favorite plants with me. I'm not sure if that will be able to happen, and I am okay with it if it doesn't. I know how to use craig's list and get more for trade or free!
What I will miss is my beautiful kitchen. The kitchen in the house we put the offer on is decent, but is nothing like the one Terry remodeled for me. With my work as a visiting nurse I get to see the insides of lots of homes-from the poorest of the poor to million dollar houses. I don't see many kitchens I love. I've come to realize that this is a spectacular kitchen, especially given that the house is only 1,200 square feet.
Antique washboard sink. I want to take it with me! And the window looks out into the back yard so you can watch the chickens and rabbits and enjoy the flowers and garden while you work.
Oak cabinets, a double convection oven, a big island, and a stainless steel cooktop. Once you've baked in a convection oven, you never want to go back to a regular oven. The difference is amazing.
Tile floor. Terry and I put that in together. It was one of our first projects together. And yes, that is a second sink in the island. How do people live with only one sink? I guess I will have to find out...
I'm so in love with this tile backsplash. This was put in 2 days ago as we are franticly getting all the odds and ends done to get the house ready for showing. I accidently bought the wrong tile, but it turned out to be a blessed mistake. It goes so perfectly with my phlatzgraff stoneware. And the tile is actually real cut stone, it is not ceramic. I want the exact same thing in my new kitchen! And that is granite counter top. I want that in my new kitchen, too.
I will miss my kitchen very, very much.
If that kitchen doesn't sell the house I don't know what would! That's AMAZING! Great job!!! I'm wanting that sink. I know what's on my list if we ever have to remodel a house. Thanks for sharing.
ReplyDeleteThat is a great kitchen, especially that sink. Maybe the new owners wouldn't notice if you took it, considering hardly anyone cooks anymore...
ReplyDeleteI'm looking for a wood burning stove & I'm wondering where you got yours. Do you use it often?
ReplyDeleteJodi Solt
anjsolt@cut.net
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
ReplyDelete