Sunday, January 3, 2010

Before and after--guest bedroom

Our first project in our new home has been turning one of the bedrooms into a guest bedroom.

This room must have been a nursery at one time. I ripped out the ugly carpet, painted the battered up trim, and painted over the ocean scene on the walls.


Terry found just the right amount of maple wood flooring on Craig's list for pennies compared to what it would cost if we went and bought it at a home improvement store.

A free brass bed (also from Craig's List) and a quilt from the thrift shop complete the room.


The Before Pictures:


We would love to have you come and stay for a night or two. Our guests have lots of space and privacy, since Terry and I live downstairs and hardly every go upstairs, except for my treadmill and to do laundry. Coming in the next day or two will be photos of the guest bathroom, your private kitchen, lovely dining room and spacious living room. (Of course you still have the option of staying in the tree house, if you prefer. It is heated and is toasty warm. And was used this weekend by one of my brothers and pronounced very satisfactory.)

4 comments:

  1. You did a terrific job with that renovation! It's really fun to do that when it turns out that well, isn't it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just beautiful! And good for you holding out for the deals on CL, too. You really turned the room into a pretty place for guests :)


    ~Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  3. certainly an improvement! I would come stay just for the pleasure of bare feet on that lovely floor....

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great job, the room looks wonderful. How fun! I love the quilt you found too.

    ReplyDelete

I always love hearing from you!

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.