We need to make a few repairs to our little barn before we can bring the goats home, but hopefully will have them in not too long!
Sunday, March 7, 2010
Coming Soon--New additions to our farm family!
Terry and I went to meet three dairy goats today that have been offered to us for adoption. I've been wanting to get a few more animals but have been been a bit hesitate because I am often very busy with work and don't want to end up the not having enough time or energy to give the animal. Both of us fell in love with the three does at first sight. They are lovely goats, and very friendly and gentle. I shared my concern with the owner and and she assured me that that what I have to offer is enough. They will be safe and secure in the fenced in area around the little animal barn. They will get plenty of attention when I'm home, especially since they love to go on walks. I walk our 13 acres almost every day and would love to have the company. They are like dogs and will follow you around if you let them out of the pen. Plus, they will eat brush and give me fertilizer for the garden. They are not currently milking, but I would have the option in the future to breed the two younger does.
The older doe is a Nubian. She is 14 years old.
The doe in front is a Toggenburg/Alpine cross, and the doe in back is a Toggenburg. They are two and three years old.
We need to make a few repairs to our little barn before we can bring the goats home, but hopefully will have them in not too long!
We need to make a few repairs to our little barn before we can bring the goats home, but hopefully will have them in not too long!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
What pretty goats! The lady is right about them being like big dogs. That's how I always thought about our does.
ReplyDeleteAww, they look very sweet. My son always wanted goats, they are his favorite animal,but we've always lived in the city. Lucky you, and lucky goats to be moving to such a nice, caring home!
ReplyDeleteVery pretty animals! I've considered having a couple to control the vegetation here, but just haven't done it. I would think those are very lucky goats!
ReplyDelete