(you don't see cool things like this hay bale bride and groom when you are stuck working in only in the city...)
And believe it or not, I missed the driving after all. 95% of thepatients I saw were within two to three miles of the office, which meant they were all in the city. I missed driving through the country side, exploring small towns I'd never been in before, seeing cows and horses and chickens, I missed watching the farmers plow their fields and missed watching the corn and soybeans grow. I missed admiring the views from patients' windows and chatting with patients about their animals, gardens, and property. I missed watching the sand hill cranes and turkey families.
It only took six weeks of stressed filled days with very few rewarding moments before I decided to call my former supervisor and see if I could have my old job back. Yes, it was still open.
So I am back to driving several hundred miles each week and seeing my own patients everyday. No, the job isn't perfect. I suspect no nursing job is. There are a lot of things I would change about it if I could. I still come home very late some days. A lot of days I come home so tired I fall asleep as soon as I get home and don't wake up until the next morning. Some nights I stay up very late trying the finish the stacks of paperwork that Medicare requires of visiting nurses. But the important thing is that I feel like I am able to properly care for my patients and I don't feel like I am stuck in a prison-like job.
Good for you, Kateri!
ReplyDeleteLove the hale bale wedding announcement. I'm going to send your post to a friend. So glad you decided to make the switch back to your former job instead of staying in a bad situation. Hope you will find many happy moments on your travels.
ReplyDeleteWow. Your photo got me to smile and it was good start for this morning. Thank You.
ReplyDeletegoogle page rank seo services backlink service backlinks software
ReplyDelete