This has been a perfect fall so far with cool, clear days. Leaves are just starting to turn color and there has been no frost yet so fall blossoms are still bright. Yellow wheat and corn fields and fields full of orange pumpkins dot the country side. And best of all I have the perfect job to enjoy this beautiful fall! At least at the moment my job is perfect.
I'm still in the orientation phase of my new job as a visiting nurse, which means I don't yet have the loads of paper work that comes with being a full fledged case manager (that will come in a month or two--ask me then if I still like my job!). In the meantime, I'm driving around the county doing patient care and getting to enjoy all the lovely sights and smells of fall. There are some really beautiful places in Washtenaw county. I'm reveling in being able to be outside, rather than stuck on the 8th floor of a masive hospital. When I worked 12 hour days in the hospital, during fall and winter, I'd leave for work when it was dark and come home in the dark. Then I would be so tired on my days off, that I would sleep most of the day. It felt like I hardly ever saw real daylight.
There were many reasons I wanted to switch to being a visiting nurse, and right on the top of the list was a desire not to be stuck inside for 12 hour shifts. And with a fall as beautiful as this one, I am very greatful that I do have a job where I get to out in the country frequently, enjoying the beauty of God's creation as I go about the work of caring for my patients.
Thank you, I am looking forward to being a case manager. Hopefully the transition will go smoothly.
ReplyDelete