Sunday, November 28, 2010

Antique sink

We found a Craig's List treasure today. A cast iron double basin washboard sink for only $100! It is really dirty, but otherwise appears to be in excellent condition, with no chips or scratches. Here is an example of the same sink in the same condition that sold for over $1,000. We had one in our previous home and I knew I wanted one for my new kitchen when we get around to remodeling.


Here are photos of the one we had in our previous home. Gosh, looking at the photos of the kitchen we left behind makes me want to get to work remodeling. The kitchen I have right now does not lend itself well to more than one person working in it at time.  But I am planning on saving up some more money before we start so we can pay cash for everything.

6 comments:

  1. i'm so excited for you. isn't it great when we look for something and find it later for little expense? hope you new kitchen is as lovely as the one before it. have a great day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think you got a great deal and a really nice farmhouse type kitchen sink. I recently remodeled my home here and we did remodel our kitchen. Trying but well well worth the trouble and expense. I like the picture! Have a wonderful Monday tomorrow!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That really is a treasure! Also motivation!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love them too. My mother in law had one like that with a pot filling faucet that really looked old, not like the ones now.

    Great find!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very neat sink... if mine had been a double, I might have tried to keep it when I remodeled our kitchen... but mine had a back-splash and a hole through it for the faucet assembly which, after many years of repairing, could no longer be repaired (or replaced) so modernization occurred! Nice story to go with the photo... good luck with redoing your kitchen!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Really great. We have here in our home also double basin washboard. Nowadays young people are not aware of its utility.

    This one is really nice looking one.

    ReplyDelete

I always love hearing from you!

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.