A once mighty oak tree stands
naked and bare,
along a strip of golden prairie grass.
Trunk stripped of bark,
charred by flames,
now a home for woodpeckers
and wood boring insects.
But it still has a haunting beauty,
drawing those who pass by
to stop for a moment.
They stand amid the trampled grasses
under the dark branches
and gaze at the stark profile against the sky.
beautiful old tree. your writing was really nice. they set the tone for the pictures well. have a great day.
ReplyDeleteOh yes, I see the beauty. Nice capture.
ReplyDeleteAh, the beauty and mystique of old trees!
ReplyDeleteHi Kateri, Beautiful!!! I just got thrilled seeing those images! Have a most pleasant of Mondays today!
ReplyDeleteSo beautiful series of photos. I love the way You presented it.
ReplyDeleteYour words and pictures really show that beauty can be found in a 'naked' tree, which still CAN and DOES harbor life!
ReplyDeleteI find dead oak trees to be particularly creepy.
ReplyDeleteI am always a bit sad when I see such a beautiful tree has died.
ReplyDeleteIt's still majestic - that's why people stop and look at it before they go on.
ReplyDeleteBeautifully written, and great pictures.
Beautiful - there's a majesty to these old trees that always arrests me in passing, and that's what I feel you've captured here for me.
ReplyDeleteThat tree has gorgeous symmetry.
ReplyDeleteI can see why it inspired you so.
Beautifully said. Isn't it wonderful how the death of an old tree leads to life for other species? Gorgeous photos.
ReplyDeleteKay, Alberta, Canada
An Unfittie’s Guide to Adventurous Travel
Stark profile indeed. I love a silhouetted tree!
ReplyDelete