Tuesday, June 5, 2012

Corn Crib Gazebo

I stopped today to buy some bluebird houses at a little roadside stand, but this is what I really wanted--to get a closer look at the corn crib gazebo that was behind the farmhouse:


(Note to self--find a free unwanted wire corn crib and bring it home!)

Linked to skywatch friday.

30 comments:

  1. Now that's a gorgeous thing! I would like one, too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I thought it was a creative and attractive use for a common piece of farm equipment...it does make the perfect thing for vines to grow up.

      Delete
  2. Ahhhh...we have one of those we aren't using. Great idea! :) Now I'll have to see if my husband goes for the idea!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lucky you. I hope your husbnd will go for the idea and that you will show us the result. :) I see unused wire corn cribs that are tangled with with weeds and brush quite freqently. I'm not sure how how I would get one home with me if someone wanted to relinquish one...

      Delete
  3. That idea sure has possibilities!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is awfully cute! I had one on the farm when I bought it. There was a tree growing in the middle of it, and it was almost overgrown. Now that crib is my cattle lane for the animals to get to pasture. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Kateri, What a good way to reuse a large bulky item that otherwise would be scrapped for its metal. It is unique and useful and attractive. What a good thing. Thanks for sharing the idea and the picture. I agree about you getting one if somebody has one to give away. Have a fine day today!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Well isn't that just too cute! I hope you can find one to use! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a great idea! I would never have thought of that!

    ReplyDelete
  8. That is gorgeous! I love the clouds as well!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I like the texture you've used!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love it! Now I want one!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love the gazebo. Great shot!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Very cool. Love how the clouds are playing in the background. Thanks for sharing! Here is my entry.

    ReplyDelete
  13. i love this gazebo, especially with the vines climbing on one side. and the clouds is a marvelous background. great photo.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love the gazebo too. Great shot :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Wonderfully dramatic sky!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Nice and very pretty too:)

    ReplyDelete
  17. This is an awesome capture. I love the whole scene, the sky and corn crib looks cool. Great photo, happy skywatching!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Oh my I love this one. I like to have this in my secret place ^_^

    Kim,USA

    ReplyDelete
  19. I've seen cribs before but never in that shape!! Boom & Gary of the Vermilon River, Canada.

    ReplyDelete
  20. what a wonderful view...so relaxing, but those clouds looks like it's going to rain.

    -r1-

    ReplyDelete
  21. Wow, that's so unusual in my eyes and great idea. Thank You presenting it.

    ReplyDelete
  22. very cool!
    the whole picture is great...with the dark clouds rolling in overhead...looks like they're getting ready to split open right above the gazebo! or...the gazebo roof looks like a rocket...and the clouds are shooting out from there!!

    great shot!

    ReplyDelete
  23. This is excellent... both the photo and the gazebo! Being a city-guy, not even sure what a corn crib is, although I can guess (keeping the critters out of the corn??).

    ReplyDelete
  24. Can you find two please, I want one! :)
    Beautifiul shot!

    ReplyDelete
  25. This is the perfect website for everyone who hopes to understand this topic.
    You understand a whole lot its almost hard to argue
    with you (not that I actually will need to…HaHa).
    You definitely put a new spin on a topic which has been discussed for years.
    Great stuff, just wonderful!

    Here is my weblog ... Chaussure air max

    ReplyDelete
  26. Hi, i believe that i noticed you visited my blog thus
    i came to return the desire?.I'm trying to find issues to improve my site!I guess its adequate to make use of a few of your ideas!!

    Also visit my site ... www.wheelhousebikes.com

    ReplyDelete

I always love hearing from you!

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.