Wednesday, June 25, 2008

Roasted Cauliflower Soup

I got up this morning and did something useful for a change, instead of going out and spending the morning admiring my flowers or wasting time on the internet. =) I cooked enough food for a couple of meals all before 9:30 am. Then I went and did my 40 minute workout (my fitness trainer will be proud of me!) I made baked tahini chicken, chicken noodle soup, and roasted cauliflower soup. I have been making a fair amount of soup lately, and this Cauliflower soup is one of my favorites--and I like it even more because it is one that Terry will eat (he even occasionally requests that I make it!). I'm alway trying to find ways to get my husband to eat more vegetables without him thinking I'm trying to force him into a totally healthy diet!


It is really a simple recipe. You need:
1 small cauliflower (separate florets)
3 potatoes (diced in small pieces)
1 big onion (cut in chunks)
2 T olive oil
Salt and pepper to taste
Approximately 4 cups milk

Place the prepared vegetables in a broiler pan, toss with the olive oil, then sprinkle with salt and pepper.

Place pan on the lowest rack in the oven and roast until everything is tender (I set my oven at 375 this morning, and the vegetables were done in 20 minutes). You may need to stir the vegetables occasionally.



This is what they looked like when they came out the oven.

Puree the roasted vegetables in a blender with enough milk to give the soup the consistency you like( I used soy milk this morning because that is what I had in the fridge). I like my soup to be a bit chunky, so I only put in the blender for a few seconds, but if you like it smoother, leave it in longer.


Reheat before serving. Sometimes I add cheese or little cream to it while reheating.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I always love hearing from you!

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.