Saturday, July 18, 2009

Early to bed....

Monica takes her babies to bed early. She has had them tucked in for the night by 7pm. We are unfortunately down to two chicks now. Another one died yesterday. Again, I don't know why. I noticed she wasn't quite as energetic as her siblings the evening before, but she was eating and drinking and able to hop over the board in front of the laying box that Monica has claimed as her own, to go to bed for the night. In the morning she was dead. She was my prettiest chick, almost pure yellow. The two remaining chicks seem to be doing just fine, and are looking as cute as ever.

The laying hens out for a hour before dark. If I let them out right before dark, they stay close to the coop. I'm so looking forward to being able to let them free range while I am home once we move out to our new place!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I always love hearing from you!

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.