I certainly have my work cut out for me for the next couple of months!
Sunday, August 23, 2009
The "Welcoming Garden"
If you were to come visit me, you would drive up a long driveway, come through a windrow of trees and catch the first glimpse of the house and this garden. You can see a bit of the house through the trees.
The garden a little closer up...
I find myself missing the flower gardens I left behind much more then I thought I would. It is going to take some time before I have anywhere near the flowers here that I had there. There are several neglected small flower beds throughout the yards. Today I finally got started on weeding. I didn't get as much done as I hoped, but by the time it was dark, this little garden was completely weeded and the few day lily and iris plants in it look like they can now breathe. Hopefully tomorrow I will get a few flowers in.
I certainly have my work cut out for me for the next couple of months!
Terry discovered this little garden cart out in the weeds by the former owner's burn pile, and pulled it out for me. I filled it up several several times today with mountains of weeds.
I certainly have my work cut out for me for the next couple of months!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
A lot of work for sure, but that has lots of potential for a "welcome garden"!
ReplyDeleteThe garden is definitely welcoming... :)
ReplyDelete