Watch , O Lord with those who wake, or watch, or weep tonight, and give your angels charge over those who sleep.
Tend your sick ones, O Lord Christ.
Rest your weary ones.
Bless your dying ones.
Pity they afflicted ones.
Soothe your suffering ones.
Shield your joyous ones.
And all for your love's sake. Amen.
(This is a prayer by St. Augustine, and is very much my prayer tonight for the patients I spent time with today).
It is beautiful. We have had a year with lots of needed nursing in the family. Just wanted to say that your work is much appreciated by the families you deal with. Thank you for caring.
ReplyDeleteThat's a wonderful prayer. I bet you must feel that many times in the work you do. Thank you for doing it and caring!
ReplyDeleteMy sister is an R.N. I'm going to share this prayer with her. Thanks for sharing it.
ReplyDeleteI feel that nurses should be appreciated as much as fireman and policeman - but, sadly, they are not. I take consolation in the fact that God will reward them.