Friday, May 20, 2011

Not who you think it is....

I came home from work the other day and found the hostas along the side of the house looking like this:


Oh, no! Deer have finally found their way into my flower beds! We see them grazing in the meadows surrounding our home, but I've never seen one directly in our living areas close to the house.

Then I came home from work last night and this is what I found....


....a dozen half grown chickens enthusiastically chowing down on a hosta plant. They make it look like it is the most delicious thing they have ever eaten. Funny the adults have never even looked twice at hosta plants, but these babies are tearing them right up.  Guess it wasn't the deer after all!

3 comments:

  1. How funny! I would have blamed the poor deer too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would thought deer too if not for the turkeys in my garden. They don't even eat the greens they tear off.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is interesting about the turkeys, Sandy. The wild turkey family that we had last year, walked past these hostas many times and never touched them...they ate all my blueberries and raspberries, though!

    ReplyDelete

I always love hearing from you!

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.