Thursday, May 19, 2011

Swan Family

Photos taken today on my way home from work today. All five babies look happy and healthy. (Click on the photos for larger images.)



 Mom and babies were so intent on preening themselves, they barely noticed me. They seemed to having a preening party. (I took lots of photos, and most looked like this one!)

9 comments:

  1. I just love these pictures!That must have been fun to have the chance to take photos of that little family.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's so nice that you could follow up on them. The little ones are so cute! What a great family they are!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is so neat! We just finished reading "Trumpet of the Swan" to Jesse. He loves to see real, live pictures of swans. I call him to the computer - "Look, Jess! Miss Kateri posted more pictures of the swans!"

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, what beautiful photos! These baby swans are SO adorable! I've never seen any in person, so this is the next best thing! Good job! :o)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Kateri, How special is that? Plenty! Wonderful photographs! Have a great day and keep us up on how that family of Swans is doing from time to time. Beautiful babies!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow, have they grown! Are those sticks part of the nest? I like the sky in that second shot.

    ReplyDelete
  7. The nest is still there in the cattails. One of my neighbors said she saw the swans going back to it in the evening. In these photos they are sitting right on the edge of the board walk. They let me come surprisingly close without getting upset. (I was ready to turn and run if the parents started coming after me!)

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is lovely post. I love all these photos. Swans are so beautiful in their white dress.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wonderful series of images! :-)

    ReplyDelete

I always love hearing from you!

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.