Saturday, December 10, 2011

Magic in a Corn Field

Dried silk on an ear of corn is turned into a shimmering tangle of stars by the frost and rising sun.




Photos taken on my walk this morning. I think we can say winter has arrived. Temperatures were in the low teens this morning and I nearly froze my fingers and nose trying to take these photos!

Linked to Macro Monday.

22 comments:

  1. Very pretty! I especially like the first one! There was a heavy frost around here last night too from a layer of fog that came in, but it settled in about a thousand feet above the valley and I couldn't get up there today for some pictures.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous captures! I've never seen frost/snow like this.

    ReplyDelete
  3. wow!! amazing little crystals!! i love your frosty photos!! Brrrrrr...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Kateri, Thanks for that frosty effort in getting these remarkable pictures for us to view! Have a wonderful day and excellent coming week!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Kateri, these are just awesome...and shows the beauty and splendor of God's beauty from his coloring book.....captured beautifully to share and awe over....thank you. And..thank you for always stopping by my place to visit and leaving a calling card...it is appreciated.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Magic, I guess! Aren't you glad you took that walk?

    ReplyDelete
  7. Okay, I KNOW you didn't "do" that but my first thought was..."How in the world did she do that?!?" What beautiful pictures! Good luck in the new job this week!

    ReplyDelete
  8. WOW!!! These are awesome captures. Unbelievable the beauty and detail. I bet you were freezing out there with your camera and your fingers exposed. You gave us fine photos this week. They are truly gorgeous. genie

    ReplyDelete
  9. It really has turned cold, but you've managed to find some beauty in the cold. Lovely captures.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thanks for the comments! I was lucky enough to walk by just as the sun was catching the frost chrystals on the silk. It was worth the entire chilly walk to get these photos. :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Just gorgeous, nature's Christmas garland!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Now I've seen more that my fare share of frost - but that’s a new one on my - remarkable!

    Cheers - Stewart M - Australia

    ReplyDelete
  13. These are absolutely beautiful, Kateri!

    ReplyDelete
  14. magic indeed!!! these are gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Beautiful macro photos. That first crystal is incredible!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Beautiful pictures! You get some amazing shots!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Oh, what an idea. Your photos are enjoyable really.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Those images of the dried cornsilk are amazing! Majestic!!!

    ReplyDelete

I always love hearing from you!

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.