Trina from
All That is Good sent me some cuttings from her
English basket willows a week or two ago. I meant to get them potted up right away and set outside. Instead I put put them in a glass of water on the kitchen windowsill and told myself I would get to them later.
Today the day I finally got to them.

They rooted and leafed out quickly. I potted them up milk jugs containers with potting soil. Since we are leaving for 10 days, I am a little nervous about putting them outside while we are gone. I think I am going to put the jugs in a roasting pan partially filled with water so they don't dry out and put it in the kitchen window.

I am looking forward to making baskets with real basket willow next spring! I've wild crafted baskets for years. Here are a few samples...
Weeping willow, cattail, and grapevine:

Grape vine:

Cattail and grapevine:

Weeping willow:
These are so beautiful. Would absolutely love to learn to do this.
ReplyDeleteThank you for inspiring my morning. I really enjoy your blog.
Sarah
Oh, I love seeing pics of all your baskets! It's no wonder you inspired me to learn! I'm glad you willow is doing well.
ReplyDeleteI'm so excited for you for your trip! Have fun!
You are so talented!! If I lived closer you would have a willing student every chance I was given.
ReplyDelete