She is amazingly well camouflaged...
Wednesday, March 25, 2009
Our Friendly Backyard Rabbit
I always seem to have a least on friendly rabbit in the backyard. On warmer days she is almost always out munching away. I know this one is different then the one we had last year, because she is smaller.
The chickens like to chase her around and she will usually go hide under the trailer, which is too low for for the chickens to get under. Once they loose interest she comes out again and continues eating clover. We have figured out that rabbits really do prefer natural lawn to garden. As long as we let the grass , clover, and dandelions grow, they pretty much stay out of the garden. Though I did have a baby rabbit who took up cover in the garden last summer and never came out. She didn't do enough damage to bother me, and I loved watching her running around the garden--or rather dashing under cover every time I came out to work! I wonder if this is her, just grown up a bit...if it is her, she has gotten over her her fear of people somewhat. She lets me come within 20 feet of her before hopping away.
Can you find the rabbit in the photo?
She is amazingly well camouflaged...
She is amazingly well camouflaged...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment
I always love hearing from you!
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.