No, no, NO! Those beetles were the bane of my childhood! I spent more hours picking those off of our trees than black slave children did picking bole weavles out of cotton! Well, maybe not, but it sure seemed like it! You may NOT make those awful things beautiful!
Libby Anne, I might just feel the same way about gypsy month caterpillers. The thing that made them really bad was all the little hairs that would come off and would stick in your skin and by the end of the day we would be so itchy and uncomfortable. We ddin't have japanese beetles so I missed out on that, and can still appreciate their beauty!
Oh, I recognize that bug. Japanese beetles love my raspberry plants. I don't know when I have seen so many of them at one time! I have been picking them off.
Great shot! It does look like a decoration, and I agree that even bugs can often be pretty!
ReplyDeleteNo, no, NO! Those beetles were the bane of my childhood! I spent more hours picking those off of our trees than black slave children did picking bole weavles out of cotton! Well, maybe not, but it sure seemed like it! You may NOT make those awful things beautiful!
ReplyDeletewhat a beautiful garden pest! ha!! great shot!! so iridescent!!
ReplyDeleteLibby Anne, I might just feel the same way about gypsy month caterpillers. The thing that made them really bad was all the little hairs that would come off and would stick in your skin and by the end of the day we would be so itchy and uncomfortable. We ddin't have japanese beetles so I missed out on that, and can still appreciate their beauty!
ReplyDeleteOh, I recognize that bug. Japanese beetles love my raspberry plants. I don't know when I have seen so many of them at one time! I have been picking them off.
ReplyDelete