I went to a wedding yesterday. The bride with red-gold hair was was dressed in white and her groom and attendants were dressed in purple.
I went out to my garden this morning and found the Echinacea flowers having a wedding party of their own, with attendants in purple surrounding a bride in white with red-gold hair.
(I've planted White Swan Echinacea several times in past, but have never been able to get it bloom. The seeds for these plants came from a friends garden last spring, The lone white flower is a pleasant surprise!)
beautiful...they look like they're all dressed up...in their skirts...
ReplyDeleteShe is a beautiful bride. I didn't have luck with the white ones, either.
ReplyDeleteMine are not quilte out yet.
Hi Kateri, Coo! So happy you got your white to bloom! Beautiful flowers! Have an outstanding coming week!
ReplyDeleteWhat a cool scene in the garden right after the wedding!
ReplyDeleteIts beautiful! Oh how I wish I had a flower garden with such a lovely bridal party!!
ReplyDeleteThis comment has been removed by the author.
ReplyDeleteInteresting that others have had the same experience with white swan echinacea. This one seems healthy and is keeping right up with the purple echinaceas.
ReplyDeleteThanks for the compliments. I posted this photo on facebook and tagged the bride in it. :)
I love these flowers. Your photo is very exquisite.
ReplyDeleteMany years ago we had these in our garden, but my wife s changing flowers every now and then.