Everyone around me it seems,
is writing--
or writing about writing.
I spend my days
driving through a land of cornfields
with words dancing though my head
snippets of poetry,
essays on life's lessons learned.
Thoughts on marriage,
the beauty of the everyday,
how I need less stuff
and an ode to the Carolina wren
nesting in the window box.
I come home and stare
at an empty screen--
the words are in my head,
but somewhere between
brain fog and fatigue
the words refuse to come
coherently through my fingers.
I close the computer and sigh.
These words will have to wait
for another time and day.
Then I spend the evening writing
words destined to be locked
away forever in a virtual vault--
I write of icky stuff in lungs
wound drainage, and poo.
Notes about swollen ankles
cardiac meds and diuretics,
with an honorable mention
to potassium levels.
Phone calls to the physician
and the physical therapist
counting bruises, describing falls.
I write of medications taught
and how the patient learned
to change his ostomy bag.
The stuff of a nurse's day
and the contents of a nursing note.
Someday the fog will lift
and the words will come
to my fingertips--
until that time comes
I will continue to dream
of words to write
as I spend my days driving
through this land of tasseling corn.
With a shout out to the women in my blogging mastermind group--who are writing--and writing about writing.
And here is a little taste of what some of them have been writing:
Trina Holden--Do You Have an E-Book in You?
Gretchen Louise--Of Story
Natasha Metzler--Writing Your Story (when it intersects with other peoples)
Jessica White--A Body Worth Loving
Diane Shiffer-- I Miss My Boy
K. J. Tanner--Table and Coffee
I like what you wrote today, you wrote about your life! :)
ReplyDeleteI like your writing and your pictures. You are a very real person.
ReplyDeleteLove this! :)
ReplyDelete