Debbie, yes, I often save seeds from lettuce. It is easy--let a few plants bolt then collect the seeds when the flowers have turned to fluff balls. (Of course you want to make sure the lettuce variety was open pollinated--or you won't end up with the same kind of lettuce you started with.)
Have you collected them before? We saved popcorn, tomatoes and potatoes last year
ReplyDeleteDebbie, yes, I often save seeds from lettuce. It is easy--let a few plants bolt then collect the seeds when the flowers have turned to fluff balls. (Of course you want to make sure the lettuce variety was open pollinated--or you won't end up with the same kind of lettuce you started with.)
DeleteHi Kateri, Good you have Heirloom varieties and save seed. Excellent. Nice picture! Have a super nice Tuesday tomorrow!
ReplyDeletecool shot!! they remind me of dandelions!
ReplyDeleteGood for you for being a seed saver! :)
ReplyDeleteI love the idea of saving seeds! I really need to be more organized and start doing that.
ReplyDelete