Thursday, August 7, 2008

Curried Yellow Squash Soup

This evening I made this recipe from my first three yellow crookneck squash that you see in this picture. (This is todays harvest... royal burgundy and jade green beans, beets, carrots, collard greens, and Matt's wild cherry tomatoes, the first yellow pear tomato , and a glacier tomato.) I even made the vegetable broth following Diana's instructions. I would have never though to use yellow summer squash in a soup like this. Of course I didn't follow the recipe exactly ( I never do). I added a lot more garlic and used powdered ginger and maybe two teaspoons of curry powder. I also used half the recommended amount of broth and ended up with 6 cups of soup. It was thicker than Diana's, I am sure, but it was really, really good! I had some warm for dinner and put a big dollop of plain, no fat yogurt on it instead of the cilantro puree. I put some in my lunch box to to eat cold tomorrow when I am at work. I will definately be making this soup again!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I always love hearing from you!

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.