I've wanted to try those Mr. Stripys (just becasue of the name), but with my limited space, black tomatoes usually win out. How would you describe the taste?
This is my first time growing Mr Stripey. It is sweet and meaty. I am trying to find a replacement for West Virginia Hillbilly, which is my favorite marbled yellow tomato. I haven't had much success growing that since I have moved to Michigan. Mr. Stripey has the flavor and texture, and it was my earliest ripening large tomato this summer...so it has some points going for it. We will see how it does with production and disease resistance.
I've never grown black tomatoes. They are on my list to try next year! Do you have a favorite?
Oh, that's funny.
ReplyDeleteI've wanted to try those Mr. Stripys (just becasue of the name), but with my limited space, black tomatoes usually win out. How would you describe the taste?
This is my first time growing Mr Stripey. It is sweet and meaty. I am trying to find a replacement for West Virginia Hillbilly, which is my favorite marbled yellow tomato. I haven't had much success growing that since I have moved to Michigan. Mr. Stripey has the flavor and texture, and it was my earliest ripening large tomato this summer...so it has some points going for it. We will see how it does with production and disease resistance.
ReplyDeleteI've never grown black tomatoes. They are on my list to try next year! Do you have a favorite?