Friday, October 28, 2011

New Horizons


Wow, almost a whole week went by without me taking a single photo. Monday ended with an unexpected announcement. The home health care company I work for is closing one third of its offices across the United States...and that includes the office I work out of. My head is still reeling from this announcement and most of the week has gone by in something of a daze. I am continuing to care for the patients we have and assisting them with transferring to the home care agencies of their choice, as well as exploring employment options for myself.

I've also spent some time staring blankly at the wall as I try to comprehend what is happening.

I thought I finally had my nursing career all figured out. I love the company I work for. I love the fact that they hold all their employees to high standards of integrity and honesty while giving us the tools we need to take very good care of our patients. I love my patients. I love my coworkers. I was planning to be with this company for the next 15 years at least.

I finally got outside yesterday evening and explored a new nature area that I hadn't been to before. Just needed to get outside and get away from paperwork, job hunting, and clear some of the fog out of my head. I let my mind wander as I explored the woods and wetlands and watched the sun set over the little lake in the nature area. And I took lots of photos.

And I got a little excited thinking about the possibilities ahead of me. This will give me an opportunity to once again step outside of myself, change and grow, explore new horizons, become a better nurse and in the process, hopefully become a more understanding and better person. Challenges and changes aren't bad, they can be very good, it is all what you do with them.

Linked to Skywatch Friday.

18 comments:

  1. Lovely shot! Best wishes to you. Happy skywatching!

    ReplyDelete
  2. We just had our first frost here in Southeast MI, how about at your end? I love your photo the horizon has a lot of promise this weekend I hope it gonna be sunny...weather should not be a kill joy right? ^_^ Happy Friday!
    Bridge and Sky

    ReplyDelete
  3. ooh, sorry about the job situation. but good for you, getting out and exploring a new area and now exploring new opportunities!

    ReplyDelete
  4. sorry to hear about your job situation. new opportunities abound - of this, i am sure. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm so sorry about your news, but it sounds like you've already reached the point of moving on! I love how you are seeing it as an opportunity for growth and positive change. You're an amazing woman! :-D

    ReplyDelete
  6. Best wishes for you. Sorry for your job situation. Im also caring for patients, but we have to much to do...so I believe I`ll keep my job a little bit longer :0)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gorgeous picture by the way ;0)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sorry to hear your news, and good luck with your job search.

    Nature works wonders doesn't it?

    BTW, that is a lovely shot.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your positive attitude will carry you through this! Love the picture!

    ReplyDelete
  10. That is heartbreaking: in your job, with what sounds like a very caring attitude, it seems unheard of that your would even need to look for a job. I am so sorry and hope that you soon find a place where your skills are appreciated.
    The sun looks lovely over the water.

    ReplyDelete
  11. So sorry to hear about your job situation, but I sure like your attitude about new opportunities(also love your photo!).

    ReplyDelete
  12. We cross our finger for you to find a new employer. Your knowledge and profession is very much needed, not only in Michigan, but all over in the Western Hemisphere.

    btw. We have a special relation to MI, as our youngest Son is married and lives there (SW MI).
    We were there this Summer and will be back next July....

    Have a great time
    T and A
    Oslo, Norway

    ReplyDelete
  13. Beautiful photo! May the new opportunity you find be just as bright!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Thanks all! Yes, there are opportuntiies out there. Something will come up that is right for me I am sure. And am keeping in mind that God knows the bigger picture even if I don't.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oooh, what a sight. So lovely :0) Beautiful shot :0) Thankyou for your comment at my place.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hehe, i´ve seen it before, just had to comment once more :0)

    ReplyDelete
  17. Sorry to hear about the job, Kat! But on the good side, everybody needs that break to just relax and start anew. Love the shot -so relaxing! *hugs*

    ReplyDelete
  18. I'm sorry to hear about the losses you're experiencing but when I read the last paragraph of this post, I get excited for you. You have such a positive outlook and caring heart -- I'm certain you will find joy and rewarding work in the new horizons.

    ReplyDelete

I always love hearing from you!

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.