Friday, January 21, 2011

Veterans Field


Simple white stones mark the graves of brave Michigan soldiers from the War of 1812, the Civil War, World War I and World War II.  Photo taken today at Mount Evergreen Cemetery, the oldest cemetery in Jackson, Michigan.

6 comments:

  1. it's always sad to see how many lives were lost to a war. makes you appreciate how much they sacrificed for everyone, their country. their families should be proud. hope all is well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I always feel a great sadness, yet also a great dignity when I visit a military cemetery, or a military section in a cemetery. We owe them so much!

    ReplyDelete
  3. There is nothing more stirring than a mass of white markers. Three of my immediate family will rest in a military cemetery. Nice shot, Kateri.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Kateri, Fantastic to honor our Veterans so well. Thanks for sharing. Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is such a nice photograph. I can be found shooting around cemeteries around my city... I'm very drawn to them... not in a weird way of course. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank You showing these. I am always very interested to see them.

    War is hard and crude. Here we have also this kind of cemeteries and I always visit at them when taking photos from churches.

    ReplyDelete

I always love hearing from you!

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.