Saturday, November 12, 2011

Melting Snow


We had our first snow on Thursday. It came down fast and furious for about an hour and covered the ground and trees and stayed over night. On Friday morning the sun came up and the snow melted and was quickly gone. Today was 60 degrees and I worked outside for much of the day in a short sleeved t-shirt.

Dandelion Haven is now on facebook! Click here to come over and visit!

Linked to Macro Monday.

16 comments:

  1. That is such a contrast with the snow and the flower. Pretty. Glad your snow is melting away already.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous snow cap! Lovely to have it warm again the next day.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's a great shot! I think we're getting your snow tonight, but we have no flowers left for accents of color.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The contrast between the flower and snow makes for a great image.
    I'm glad to read that the weather warmed up for you though.

    ReplyDelete
  5. And the blackeyed susans looked just as bright and cheerful after the snow melted. I'm glad it warmed up, too, as I still have lots of outside work to get done before the snow comes to stay.

    ReplyDelete
  6. i'm so looking forward to your snow & ice photos!

    love this one...the flower with a snowy cap on! beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Kateri, I think your picture is beautiful. That must be a surprise to have early snow. I can wait a month to have snow here. Hopefully, the snow will wait that long for us on the Cumberland Plateau in TN. Have an excellent day tomorrow!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great picture! Hope you get all your outside chores finished before winter really sets in!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Looks like Ms. Susan wore a white hat for a day. :)
    Pretty shot!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh, how pretty!!!!

    My link for today is: GARDEN FLOWERS

    ReplyDelete
  11. I really love the picture!
    Greetings from misty Holland,
    Anna :-))

    ReplyDelete
  12. We had 60s on Saturday too, but no snow yet!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Lovely shot of the melting snow on the Daisy. - We haven't had our first snow here yet (which is fine by me).

    ReplyDelete
  14. I would be perfectly happy if the next snow holds off for a good long time, myself. It is fun to photograph, though.

    ReplyDelete
  15. That's awesome shot. Flower and melting snow combined. It is a photo just to my mind.

    Sorry not being visiting on Your blog for long time. We were on travel in Egypt making nice Nile cruise and visiting old temples there. We arrived late yesterday and now we try to start to spend our daily routines.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Sartenada, wow, thanks for stopping by and leaving a comment from Egypt. :) I will be looking forward to updates on your blog regarding your trip!

    ReplyDelete

I always love hearing from you!

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.