Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Gorgeous Ranch For Sale (No, Wait...)

Tomorrow we are going to look at this gem...."GORGEOUS 2400 SQ FT RANCH W/3 BDRMS & 2 FULL BTHS SITS ON 10 1/2 ACRES IN THE MIDDLE OF 6500 ACRES OF THE PINCKNEY RECREATION AREA. THIS BEAUTIFUL RANCH HAS 3 FRPLCE. THIS HOME HAS ALL ANDERSON WINDOWS AND THE KITCHEN CABINETS ARE ALL AMISH CABINETS. ALL BEDROOMS, DINING ROOM, AND LIVING ROOM HAVE HARDWOOD FLOORS. THIS IS A WELL BUILT CUSTOM HOME."

Gosh, that sounds like my dream home. A beautiful well built house on ten acres in the middle of thousands of acres of recreation land. What more could you ask for? Can't wait to see pictures! Oh, wait, are you sure that's the right house?

How come this is the only picture available of this gorgeous ranch on 10 acres? Oh, my, where are all the Anderson windows? Couldn't they have got a photo of at least one Anderson window? And I want to see those Amish cabinets in the kitchen. Actually it looks pretty pathetic, even ugly...If it weren't for the promise of 10 acres in a beautiful nighborhood (I googled it, so I am pretty sure the area is nice) and maybe a decent house, I would have completely passed this house by. Hopefully it won't look quite so bad in real life.

Actually ever since we've started looking at property to buy, I've been amazed at how so many real estate companies have no sense at all when it comes to posting photos of property. Tomorrow we are also looking at another 10 acres and a house that features a "BEAUTIFUL KITCHEN THAT HAS CHERRY CABINETS". The photo however shows a room that is completely dark, and if I squint hard enough, I think I can make out a shiny object that sort of resembles a stove. Being that the kitchen is the most important room in house (as far as I am concerned anyway!), you'd think the real estate agent might try to make a bigger effort to show off that beautiful kitchen with those cherry cabinets.

Hopefully we will find the perfect piece of land at the right price under the right circumstances. We really can't afford to buy right now, but with property prices the way they are right now, there couldn't be a better time to consider buying. One of these properties might just come along at just the right time and right price.

2 comments:

  1. Oh, I didn't know you were 'in the market' for a new place. This one does sound better than it looks! What fun - I love looking at houses - but I like LAND even more (learned that from your father!) :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. We can't really afford to move right now, but I feel so out of place living in town...I really want some room to breath...so we are looking.
    This turned out to a case were the photo looked better then the house. It was a dump, really a dump. You know the place has problems when the main landscaping feature is a huge rusty, broken down backhoe/bucket loader tractor looking machine. (I wish I had brought my camera!) The kitchen was gorgeous (and huge), though.Whoever built the house clearly designed the kitchen of her dreams (and my dreams too...) Really sad how a house that was built with so much thought got completely neglected and run down....

    ReplyDelete

I always love hearing from you!

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.