Mountain slopes covered with hundreds of different kinds of wild flowers, catus, and beautiful plants overlook the lush river valley filled with fields of corn and vegetables.
The ancient terraces built many centuries ago by the Incas still are in use by the local farmers today. I am in total awe of the way the Incas farmed. They were able to turn what most of us would consider inhospitable land into beautiful farmland.
The many ancient ruins of Inca homes and sacred buildings add to the beauty.
Of all the places we visited, this is the place I want to go back to. The local farmers continue to use the old methods of farming using basic hand tools. I wish that we had been able to see up close what they were doing and how they lived.
Kateri - you have given your readers such a wonderful tour of your destinations - makes me want to go to peru, too!
ReplyDelete