Sunday, April 26, 2009

Spring Bulbs in the Front Flower Gardens

Spring bulbs are so easy. Tuck them in the ground in the fall and you have instant color in the spring. Then they come up year after year with very little maintenance the rest of the year. If only keeping flower gardens looking so nice through the summer and fall was so easy.

Here are my new flower beds by the front of the house. To be able to appreciate them, you have to realize what the front of the house had looked like for the past 40 years or so. This is the before picture, taken last spring: I knew from the time I moved in that those yew bushes had to go. When a truckload of free top soil appeared on craig's List last spring, I knew the time had come. Ripping them out was one of the hardest jobs I've ever done, but it was so worth it!
The flower bed by the driveway...Why didn't my forsynthea bloom this year? I cut it back like I was suppose to. Here's what it looked like last spring before I got the rocks around it. The forsynthea is beautiful.
Tulips by the driveway...these aren't quite at their peak...The main front garden isn't at its peak yet either, but it is starting to look pretty...

1 comment:

  1. wow, the flowers in the driveway garden really multiplied in one year, didn't they! I liked the before and after photos!

    ReplyDelete

I always love hearing from you!

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.