Friday, April 24, 2009
Hey, don't eat all my worms!
Seriously, by the time I'm done digging up my garden for planting, I don't think I am going to have a single earthworm left, unless I keep the chickens under lock and key until after planting season is over. They crowd around me while I am digging and gorge themselves on worms. I have worked hard to get my soil to a state where worms thrive...I'm not too sure that I am happy about my chickens eating all my worms. But I also don't want keep them locked up all the time and the only time I can really let them out is when I'm outside at the same time, or else they will wander off and get into trouble. If I'm outside that usually means I'm doing something in the garden which means there are usually plenty of unearthed worms. The up side is if they are eating worms it distracts from them getting into the neighbors' yards. So they get to follow me around in the garden and eat worms.
Locked up after terrorizing the daycare kids next door. Sorry girls, I know you mean no harm, but there are some little children who just aren't used to having big white birds chase them around!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment
I always love hearing from you!
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.