I am giving away a simple rustic willow basket woven from my very first harvest of English basket willow, just to say thank you to my faithful readers.
The handle is made out wild grapevine.
This would be the perfect basket to bring in a harvest of salad greens, flowers and herbs, or lighter vegetables, from the garden. Or of course, you can just set it on a shelf to look pretty!
It was woven from freshly cut willow--
If you look closely, you can see the green buds still on the willows in this photo taken right after the basket was woven...
(If you are interested in growing your own willow, check out Dunbar Gardens, which is where most of my willow came from.)
To enter the giveway, simply leave a comment. I do need a way to contact you if you are winner.
(Please note that if you have word verification turned on on your blog, I am not able at this time to leave a comment. If you have word verification turned on, please make sure there is another way I can contact you!)
Giveaway will end Friday, 4/20/12 at midnight.
This giveaway is now closed. Thank you all for entering. The lucky winner is a friend and faithful facebook follower--Cathy!
Oh! Your basket is beautiful! I love the photo of it with the little green buds! You weave so perfectly! I really like the color contrast with the dark and light stems.
ReplyDeletePlease enter me in your wonderful giveaway. I do not have word verification and my email is on my profile page, should I happen to ge the blessed winner!
Thank you!
(p.s. I would love to see a little tutorial of basic weaving, too! I have been wanting to try to make a little bee skep out of the rushes that grow on our property!) ;~P
Thank you. :) Maybe the next time I weave a basket I will take step by step photos. The bee skeps I have seen are coiled, which is something I have not done yet. Lucky you having rushes on your property--that is something I would like to get established on ours.
DeleteThat's a beautiful basket! Homemade things are the best...thanks for the opportunity to be on the receiving end! (my email is on my profile page as well..just in case :)
ReplyDeleteI am a sucker for baskets (just ask dh lol). Learning basket weaving is on my bucket list. This is a beautiful basket. I love the buds woven in.
ReplyDeleteWhat a beautiful basket and generous giveaway. I am so fascinated with how you make them.
ReplyDeleteGorgeous basket! I have weaving willow, but the colors are different. I planted some along my pond a few years ago that is orange in color and another than is somewhat variegate with yellow and red.
ReplyDeleteLady Farmer mentioned a bee skep, so you coil?
No, I have never coiled...would love to make a bee skep myself someday, but it isn't something I have done yet.
DeleteYour willow and split willow would make great coiling material. Split it out to use for the binder make sure to remove all the pith.
DeleteCarol, thanks so much for that info! I was reading aobut this the other day. Will have to try that next year.
DeleteWhat a lovely basket - you are so creative.
ReplyDeleteI would LOVE to be entered in the drawing to win your gorgeous basket Kateri! What a nice gesture! :)
ReplyDeleteI love your blog! I've shared it with my daughter and my sister who ALSO love your blog! :)
ReplyDeleteThis beautiful basket would be right at home in my happy garden!
Kasteri, God gave you to many talents. Your baskets are lovely and having one would be a great honor! Thanks for the oppotunity. Would make a lovely wedding gift for Martin. Love your blog. Have a lovely Day
ReplyDeleteCathy
So pretty! Weaving baskets is something that I haven't tried yet. But this would be perfect for collecting our apples. Last year we got eight! lol It's so exciting when the tree starts producing! Thanks for hosting this give-away.
ReplyDeleteI just love your baskets! You do amazing work!!!
ReplyDeleteAh! I've always wanted to learn how to do this... Must put it on my list of things to learn this year! (this basket is beautiful, by the way. :)
ReplyDeleteKateri, I've always loved your baskets. (And thank you for teaching Kelly!)
ReplyDeleteThat's lovely willow basket. We have one quite similar which my wife made about 25 years ago.
ReplyDeleteSuch a pretty basket! I second Lady Farmer in a request for a tutorial...
ReplyDeleteHmmm... I entered my comment last night, but it's not showing up. :-/
ReplyDeleteI LOVE your baskets. They are amazingly beautiful! I third the tutorial request! :-)
Michelle, for some reason the first comment ended up in the spam folder--not sure why. Glad you entered a second comment, because I don't look in the spam folder very often. :)
DeleteIt won't let me enter a comment but it will let ,e leave a reply. Does this count to enter me into the drawing?
DeleteBTW - I turned my word verification off some time ago and have not had any problems or spam. (Knock on wood!)
Grace, I will go ahead and enter you. :) Hmm, not sure why you weren't able to comment...
DeleteTHe basket is beautiful! Great giveaway!
ReplyDeletemandaoverturf(at)yahoo(dot)com
Thank you all for entering! The winner is a friend and faithful face book follower--Cathy!
ReplyDeleteKateri, of course I realize I'm too late to enter this giveaway, but I just had to take a moment to compliment you on that lovely basket. It appears that your talents are indeed multitudinous! I really must make your blog a daily stop.. it's so inspiring♥
ReplyDelete