Saturday, February 19, 2011

Full Moon at Dawn

The full moon was luminous as it set in a rose colored western sky this morning.



An hour earlier, Venus had been just as stunning in the predawn eastern sky.

6 comments:

  1. Absolutely love the first photo of the moon floating in a dreamy sea of mauve sky and reaching branch ...

    ReplyDelete
  2. beautiful!

    full moons are so breath taking....

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like them all, the second one is my favorite, though. So far, I haven't been able to get Venus, but will keep trying.

    Love that pink dawn!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks! We've had so many clear days and nights--very unusual for this time of year.

    Sandy, my best success with venus with my little camera is to take the photo with the camera on the auto setting with the flash on and no zoom. (My instinct was to turn off the flash and zoom in closely--but that didn't get good results at all. Then I cropped out most the little part of the sky and treeline with venus in it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wonderful moon photos. The first one awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  6. First the sunset then this moon -- oh what gorgeious skies you had last week. As I commented earlier, Dandelion Haven is becoming my alternative weekend destination to enjoy nature's beauty.

    ReplyDelete

I always love hearing from you!

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.