Thursday, February 17, 2011

Mole Patrol



Shadows has been catching a mole a day in my flower beds all winter. Here he is hiding in the lavender plants waiting for a fat juicy mole. Hopefully this means that most of the bulbs I planted last winter are intact. Today I noticed the first green shoots of crocuses poking out of the soil.

Can I call this the first flower of 2011? Or is it a remnant of 2010? All  I can say is this little pansy has survived a tough winter and is smiling brightly at our 55 degree temps today.

5 comments:

  1. Shadow does seem rather intent on getting his next mole dinner. he's adorable. our cat was thankful for an open door with warm breezes filtering into the house yesterday. it was so warm- 65 degrees. makes me long for spring/ summer to arrive. that flower is beautiful and the sunset in the post below is stunning. hope all is well. have a great night.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good for Shadows! He really blends in well with the plants!

    We have some pansies blooming already too, but not nearly as pretty as that one. I can't believe they survived at all. today they are back under a new coat of snow again though.

    ReplyDelete
  3. OMG, first flower of 2011!!! Nice photo.

    We have real winter here still. Last week I was photographing world's biggest Snow Castle and in these photos the winter, snow and ice are real.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love how his fur is like camouflage :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think of violas and pansies as some of the finest cool-weather friends. And yellow, especially cheery.

    ReplyDelete

I always love hearing from you!

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.