The blizzard of the decade wasn't so bad in my part of Michigan. Originally they were projecting about 15 inches for our area and we ended up getting only about 7 inches of snow. Lots of drifting though. For the first time since I have been a visiting nurse, we had a snow day. I got to stay home and take lots of pictures of snow. These are my first attempts ever of taking photos of individual snow flakes. I wish I had the new camera that I had send back. It turned out they decided to send a refund instead of exchanging it. I'm back in the market for a new camera and want to make it a SLR next time. Just waiting for the right camera at the right price to come up.
I hope every one else weathered the storm without difficulty. I know other parts of Michigan and the country got hit far harder than we did.
Beautiful specimens!!! We had about 16 inches I think. I have everything shoveled and they finally cleared the street and now the car won't start. :(
ReplyDeleteI think of getting a DSLR often. For about 20 years I shot with a Canon A1. However the P&Ss do really well as evidenced here. (It seems as though you maybe took these with a P&S??).
Sounds like you got a lot more snow then we did.
ReplyDeleteYes, I have only ever used cheap point and shoot cameras. They do work surprisingly well. My husband bought me a much nicer point and shoot for my birthday last fall, and while it sometimes took stunning photos, a lot of the photos would turn out blurry, so we sent it back, hoping for a replacement and got a refund instead. We are on a rather tight budget right now and that is what is keeping us from getting a better camera. We are waiting for a digital SLR that fits our budget.
Those photos turned out great! Beautiful snowflakes!
ReplyDeleteAre you kidding me? These are gorgeous!! How perfect they look...I had no idea they looked like that up close. Thank you so much for sharing these photos!
ReplyDeleteThese are wonderful. What a lot of shapes you got. I think your snow day wouldn't have been better.
ReplyDeleteWe got less than 9 inches from the big storm, but 3 the day before. It wasn't that bad here at all. Really heavy snow, but not a lot of wind.
My relatives in northeastern Oklahoma had it much worse.
OH. MY. GOODNESS.
ReplyDeleteI think I might begin to like snow again. (So far this year it's been green here in Coastal BC & I'm quite happy with that.)
Lovely! I am SO JEALOUS! Not of the snow you got... but that you have managed to capture such beautiful snow flake images! I have a Nikon D90 with a very high dollar macro lens and haven't managed anything near as lovely as this when trying to capture snow flakes! (Last year, in the blizzards we had, it never occurred to me to try... and this year... my attempts so far have failed. I almost don't want to wish for more snow for fear we will get more than I want! LOL)
ReplyDeleteWonderful series...great capture! Thank you for sharing
ReplyDeleteYou have a very nice camera. Those snow flakes are beautiful.
ReplyDelete