Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Ice Storm

The area I live in was spared the heavy ice that hit much of Michigan on Monday, but I got to drive through some of it anyway. It hit hard 40 miles south west of us. In spite of the ice and snow, I saw a full load of patients on Monday and drove about 150 miles all together. It was some of the scariest driving I have done on the job since becoming a home care nurse. The ice on the trees and bushes sure was pretty though, even if it made for slow dangerous driving.





7 comments:

  1. I applaud you for doing that Kateri and I wish you safe travel! I really love that first photo!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, the ice is beautiful, but scary. Were the trees still icy when the sun came out?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really like the first picture, especially. We had an awful ice storm earlier in the month- it has been quite a year for it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This area was still very icy when I went back yesterday. I am seeing the patient tomorrow who's driveway these photos were taken in--I'm guessing the ice will be off the trees by tomorrow. I hear we are getting more snow tonight.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Kateri, Wow! Driving in bad weather is scary. I love the pictures you have put up today. Have a good day today and enjoy the coming weekend. We had a super brief burst of furious wind for about 3 min. last night along with moderate rainfall - no damage at all.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Be careful when driving on snowy and icy roads. Although I am used to drive on slippery roads, I was for the first time of my life this winter participating on "Driving School of Slippery Roads". It took four hours. One hour information and three hours driving on icy air port field. The course was awesome.

    Happy and safe mileages!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sartenada--I think a class on driving in icy conditions would be awesome--especially if you get to go out and practice in actual icy conditions afterwards.

    ReplyDelete

I always love hearing from you!

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.