Monday, February 21, 2011

Stopping to smell the flowers



I look forward to little clay pots of tete te tete daffodils going on sale at Kroger's supermarket in February and March every year. I always have a pot of them on my window sill until my own daffodils start blooming. When spring comes, I plant the bulbs in the garden and so can watch them re bloom every spring.


And it looks like I am not the only one who appreciates spring flowers...Shadows seemed to be enthralled with them as well and spent several minutes sniffing them ever so delicately.

(An hour or two after I took these photos yesterday afternoon, it started to snow--we have about 10 inches on the ground and more coming down.)

6 comments:

  1. Those are sure pretty! That's a pretty good snow for this time of year! We are about to have the same followed by very cold air for awhile.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful. Oh, how lovely is the last photo. I love it very much! We still have snow and cold.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Kateri, Such happy flowers! Glad you and kitty are enjoying the bright cheerful Daffodils. Have a great day and stay warm.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good morning, Kateri. Last night I read all of your posts from the past week & viewed the stunning photos but was too tired to write my responses. Please excuse the flurry of comments this morning. I've truly enjoyed re-visiting these posts during the past 10 minutes before I begin my work-day. I'll hold nature's beauty in my mind's eye during the busy 8 hours ahead of me. I may see a sunset tonight but not swans, horses or a full moon. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  5. So do I! I can't resist. Your cat seems to like them, too.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm envious of you being able to have these potted flowers in the house... I live with someone who is highly sensitive to fragrance and has a lot of allergies so I cannot have such beauties indoors! Your photos are lovely too!

    ReplyDelete

I always love hearing from you!

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.