Today I finally got out and took a long hike through a lovely wooded nature area about 15 miles from our home. I was hoping to catch the blue hepaticas in bloom, but with the early spring we are having this year, they were already done blooming.
There were plenty of other wildflowers blooming, though.
Large flowered bellwort.
A velvety brown butterfly. There were lots of these flitting around in the woods. Can anyone tell me what kind of butterfly this is?
The bane of the forest--garlic mustard--was in full bloom. (Um, yes, I pulled just about every plant I can across--in case you are wondering--thankfully there wasn't a lot of it in this woods!)
A garter snake slithered through the oak leaves
Wild Geraniums were in full bloom.
Someday...my woods will look like this.
oh your pictures are fabulous!! you captured the beauty of nature!
ReplyDeleteBeautiful. It's so nice to go for a walk in nature.
ReplyDeleteHi Kateri, I hope your woods gets to look exactly how you wish it to look. That wild geranium is beautiful. Have a super day today!
ReplyDeleteThanks for taking us along on your walk through the forest! :)
ReplyDeleteGreat pictures! I would've freaked at the snake.
ReplyDeleteI loved everything but the snake!
ReplyDeleteCheck out frosted elfins. your butterfly looks like the one I photographed in the woods last week. Is small?
We have a tiny bellwort, but I haven't seen it yet this year.
Wonderful trip through the forest.
ReplyDeleteI believe your butterfly is actually some type of a Moth but I don't know what kind.
Oh spotting the snake was cool, they startle me but I'm not afraid of them.
Thank You taking us to walk with You thru Your very interesting photos. I have not seen Bellworth, so nice looking flower.
ReplyDelete